Charter and Strategic PlanCabu!
Charter and Strategic Plan
School Culture – Tikanga
- Value and nurture our multi-cultural heritage within the school and community.
- Create culturally appropriate context for student learning for; Tikanga – culture, Te Reo Māori – Language, Ako – shared learning, Whanaungatanga – building relationships and interactions, Manaakitangi – caring respecting self, each other, community.
- Valuing cultural knowledge and identity, recognition of the Treaty of Waitangi.
We believe in a learning culture where:
- All have the ability to learn, to be thinkers, to self-manage and become confident citizens and encouraged with their individual strengths.
- Students have a voice and choices in their learning, where they experience challenges, are encouraged to try and succeed.
- We provide opportunities to develop curiosity, take risks, acknowledge and fostered personal growth.
- -Students learn from experiences, being engaged and interested, provided through differentiated practices and modelling.